Ruben Subin Productions is owned and operated by Jake Subin, a freelance audio engineer and technician based in the New York metropolitan area. Jake holds a bachelor's degree in Audio Engineering Technology from the University of Hartford's College of Engineering, Technology, and Architecture. He has served in many roles in the music and audio industries, including recording/mix engineer, electrical engineer, DJ, and performing musician. He is an advocate of music and the arts with a passion for education and working with young people.
Jake founded RSP in 2005 and continues to work with a variety of clients throughout the Northeast, including singer/songwriters, folk groups, rock and rap artists, classical musicians, and worship communities. Additionally, he works as a freelance engineer at The Cutting Room Studios in New York City.
Check out testimonials from satisfied clients. In addition to his work in the studio and at live shows, Jake has an extensive knowledge of electronics and audio repair. Some notable projects include:
• Digital Arts mix theater
– built all the custom cables
– installed all wiring and audio equipment
– audio calibration for theater
• University of Hartford MCI JH-600 console repairs
– recapping and repairing 22 of the channels
– diagnosing various problems throughout the board
• Calrec console commissioned for the University of Hartford
– installing modular channel strips
– wiring and testing and cleaning
Jake is an active member of the National Audio Engineering Society.